The wind changed today — the figurative wind, at least. I have been struggling for months with work, life and career — becalmed, to use a sailors parlance. in the last several days, though, the air has freshened and the sails have started to fill again. I’m terribly sure which way he wind is blowing, but I do have a course that I am. Trying to set and I am watching my bearing on the compass. I’ll have to correct that course again and again, but as long as I am headed in the right general direction, I’ll be happy.
What causes the world to suddenly turn beneath you and opportunities to suddenly appear? I only wish I knew. Then I could make opportunities appear at will instead of waiting for them to show up — which seems to take forever some days. Just like everyone else, I have to work through those days when life just seems a long, slow, slog.
You can push, you can shove, you can eve shout to try and move things along, but I can tell you from personal experience that it really doesn’t work. You just have to keep putting in thre time, the energy and the thought — every day– and there will be those times when the advantage turns you. Be ready for it when it arrives.
For today, though, I will enjoy the progress that was suddenly made, opportunities that magically arrived, positive vibes that just decided to hang out and have a drink with me (LAUGH) it is important to luxuriate in these moments. You know how infrequently they happen.
Previously on End of the Day:
- Making my way in a new career – End of the Day for July 16, 2014
- Do you like? Do your share? What’s the difference? – End of the Day for July 15, 2014
- Record everything you do – End of the Day for July 14, 2014
- A Day of “Rest” – End of the Day for July 13, 2014
- A Tiring Day, but a Great Day! – End of the Day for July 12, 2014
- Lend a helping hand by organizing an unconference – End of the Day for July 11, 2014
- Hiding your light under a bushel – End of the Day for July 10, 2014
- Those who love confrontation and conflict – End of the Day for July 9, 2014
- Procrastination only hurts you and your projects – End of the Day for July 8, 2014
- When it rains, it pours — End of the Day for July 7, 2014
- The time has come…to launch a new (media) career – End of the Day for July 6, 2014
- The Future isn’t coming…it’s here! – End of the Day for July 5, 2014
- A Contrary Country – End of the Day for July 4, 2014
- The 4th of July, 1776 – End of the Day for July 3, 2014
- A night out at the Hollywood Bowl – End of the Day for July 2, 2014
- End of the Day for June 2014
- End of the Day for May 2014
- End of the Day for April 2014
- End of the Day for March 2014
- End of the Day for February 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014