A day of rest today, if it can really be called that. While I took time out for some gardening projects and sitting in the garden. I still had my regular, daily work to perform, if not as much. I switched back and forth between high-tech and high-touch as best I could today, getting things done without feeling like was burning myself out after such a busy day yesterday.
Transitioning into New Media does have the effect of making work a somewhat constant activity. There are always items to posts, feeds to read, replies to be written, pictures to be taken, video to be shot. This can be a dangerous place, if you don’t learn how to balance everything out. The freedom, of course, there in the scheduling of my day. I can decide to work early in the day or late. I can preload content, photos and such and release it over time, as I go off and handle other duties — or just have fun. I don’t get ahead nearly as much as I should, but if I know I am going to be busy on a particular project, I can build in a little pre-production to make my time away stress free.
Developing systems also helps. I have little cheat sheets in both electronic and paper format on my computer so I can easily work through a blog post, video post or anything else with a clear idea of what needs to be done for each new article, etc. This helps to speed up production greatly and also keeps me from forgetting necessary items and steps. We all need a little reminder sometimes, so why not make your life a little easer and a little more efficient so you can go and have some fun when you want.
Previously on End of the Day:
- A Tiring Day, but a Great Day! – End of the Day for July 12, 2014
- Lend a helping hand by organizing an unconference – End of the Day for July 11, 2014
- Hiding your light under a bushel – End of the Day for July 10, 2014
- Those who love confrontation and conflict – End of the Day for July 9, 2014
- Procrastination only hurts you and your projects – End of the Day for July 8, 2014
- When it rains, it pours — End of the Day for July 7, 2014
- The time has come…to launch a new (media) career – End of the Day for July 6, 2014
- The Future isn’t coming…it’s here! – End of the Day for July 5, 2014
- A Contrary Country – End of the Day for July 4, 2014
- The 4th of July, 1776 – End of the Day for July 3, 2014
- A night out at the Hollywood Bowl – End of the Day for July 2, 2014
- End of the Day for June 2014
- End of the Day for May 2014
- End of the Day for April 2014
- End of the Day for March 2014
- End of the Day for February 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014