Historical Cooking Books – 87 in a series – 365 Breakfast Dishes: A Breakfast Dish For Every Day In The Year (1906)
Available in PDF, Text, JPG formats, and more
1. — Eggs in Boxes.
Cut slices of bread 1 1/2 inches thick; trim them off neatly and scoop out the centre to make a box. Dip them in beaten egg and fry them in hot fat until a light brown. Drain on brown paper. Into each of these boxes drop an egg, dust lightly with salt and cook them in the oven for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Publication date 1906
- Topics Cooking, Breakfasts
- Publisher London : Dean & Son
- Collection leedsuniversitylibrary; ukmhl; medicalheritagelibrary; europeanlibraries
- Digitizing sponsor Jisc and Wellcome Library
- Contributor University of Leeds Library
- Language English
Get these aprons for your cooking adventures.
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
** Many of these books may be available from your local library. Check it out!