Despite the fact that I shouldn’t eat them nearly as often as I do, I love making and eating scones. I came across this recipe for Ginger Scones in my travels and quickly added to my “to bake” list. (Don’t you have a “to bake” list? (LAUGH))
Sometimes I think that people are a bit scared of making scones, when really they are one of the easiest (and tastiest) baked good out there. This recipe lays out everything quite clearly so that anyone — yes, even I — can follow the directions and end up with great scones. I love the inclusion of the candied ginger in the scones much like you might include cranberries or other dried fruit. I can almost imagine those potent pops of ginger as you munched.
From Mountain Breaths…
Blogging has introduced me to a wonderful community of peers, and we learn so much from one another. I enjoy hiking, kayaking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the Adirondack Mountains (thus Mountain Breaths). I live in Upstate NY with my supportive husband and have three precious sons.
- Book Review: The Gardens of Venice and the Veneto from The Patient Gardener’s Weblog
- Free art books online from the Metropolitan and Guggenheim Museums from MetaFilter
- 9 Practical Tips For Your iOS7 Device
- Trulia – average home prices, crime and school stats, commute time info and more!
- New Media | olloclip iPhone Telephoto + Circular Polarizing lens system from ThinkGeek.com
- Garden | Garden Bridge Over The Thames Moves Forward from Londonist
- Food | Hedgehog Cupcakes by Maria Olejniczak from Cupcakes Take the Cake
- Technology | Grab Over 500 Free Programming Books from GitHub from Lifehacker.com
Link Focus is a series that comments on some of the links I share on my social media accounts and here on the web site. To get these links as I find them, subscribe to me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and elsewhere. Also look for the “My Favorite Things” posts that appear regularly in the blog. These include collections of links for each calendar month.
Get new shared links as I find them via my social media feeds: