A bit of a long day today, but I found time for a little bit of fun/work this afternoon. Nature moves at its own pace and I knew that if I wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms at Lake Balboa this year I would need to get there soon. The weekends are always very busy, so I knew that today was probably my best bet. You can see the photos that resulted from my walk in the blog post previous to this one — Photos: Cherry Blossoms at Lake Balboa. I also produced a video during today’s walk, which should be posted sometime tomorrow.
Walking around the lake was so nice in a variety of ways. First there is the walk itself. Exercise is something I need every single day, but walking the same area can get boring after a while. I need some visual stimulation along with my walk, and the birds, water and cherry trees, of course, offered up a wide variety of such stimulation. Next, add in the creative/artistic thinking required for taking photographs and video and you have another level of stimulation. Finally, being outdoors on any nice day is always a boon. My walk left me feeling relaxed, yet energized, Calm physically, but excited mentally. I ended up working the rest of the afternoon and evening away on the energy created.
I highly recommend a day like today for all of you. Photowalks are just that, walks designed around walking and exploring an area using your eyes and you camera. Not only to get some exercise, but you come back with a collection of photos to share with others and use in your other arts, crafts and work. You can take a photo walk by yourself, but they are even more fun as a group. Each person sees something different and when you see someone else take a photograph, you are drawn to see what they have seen. You see through their eyes for just a moment and can then take your own photo using your own individual artistic eye. Even though photographers may take a picture of the same scene, they rarely see it in the same way. This can be a great way to learn more about your photography and how others see the world.
Got a few minutes at lunch? Take your camera or smartphone out for walk. Have some friends join you. Go out and see what there is to see. I know you will surprise your friends — and yourself, too!
Previously on End of the Day:
- A little bit of gaming (and a little work, too) – End of the Day for March 23, 2014
- Walking. Just Walking – End of the Day for March 22, 2014
- Sharing “The Promise” – End of the Day for March 21, 2014
- Of marriage and time together – End of the Day for March 20, 2014
- Memories and photographs – End of the Day for March 19, 2014
- Education is what I do! – End of the Day for March 18, 2014
- A blogging presentation and Q&A – Get your questions answered! – End of the Day for March 17, 2014
- Getting the “motivation snowball” rolling – End of the Day for March 16, 2014
- Parenting, parties and curfews, oh my! – End of the Day for March 15, 2014
- Tempus fugit – End of the Day for March 14, 2014
- Long dark journey into the office – End of the Day for March 13, 2014
- Science and Cosmos – End of the Day for March 12, 2014
- Why should you blog, podcast and share? – End of the Day for March 11, 2014
- Two decades past – End of the Day for March 10, 2014
- A day trip to Ojai, but a world away in my mind – End of the Day for March 9, 2014
- A job that doesn’t exist…and that’s OK! – End of the Day for March 8, 2014
- Finding time and space to be a couple again – End of the Day for March 7, 2014
- Joseph Claude Welch –March 7, 1998 — End of the Day for March 6, 2014
- Food, Glorious, Food – End of the Day for March 5, 2014
- Oh let it be over! One more sneeze and I am going to scream! – End of the Day for March 4, 2014
- Why are you so mean? — End of the Day for March 3, 2014
- You have to believe to blog! — End of the Day for March 2, 2014
- School Days, Kindle Books and the Library — End of the Day for March 1, 2014
- End of the Day for February 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014