A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- Prosciutto and Smoked Gouda Pizza! – September 21, 2010 – I absolutely LOVE pizza, but I am more of traditionalist when it comes to toppings. No veggies for me, please. I want meat — pepperoni (or salami piccante when we are in Sicily), sausage, etc. That said, this recipe is one I want to try our real soon. I LOVE smoked gouda and the combination of it with the proscuitto sounds very interesting. I always have my own red sauce on hand, so it might not be long before this is in my own oven.
- Doctor Who Bowties are Cool Wallpaper by ~Baxxow – September 21, 2010 – A bit more Doctor Who silliness for your computer desktop.
- DoctorBob by CuberToy Doctor Who Spongebob Squarepants – September 19, 2010
- Join.me Is a Free One-Click Screen Sharing and Conferencing Tool [Downloads] – September 17, 2010 – Checking out this new app from LogMeIn.com. I regularly use their LogMeIn Free product to assist people remotely. If this is anything like that, I will like it an duse it. Sometimes there is nothing like showing your screen to someone and letting them watch what you do. One picture is truly worth a 1000 words.
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Cups – September 17, 2010 – More recipes on the savory side of life. I have seen several variations on this “breakfast cup” idea, but have yet to try one. i will add this recipe to the stack and find a morning to give it a try on the family.
- Geofence Your Friends With Footprint Feed – September 17, 2010 – This is an interesting add-on to location based tracking. I have turned it on for myself only at this point, just to see how it works and what type of value it can provide. It uses Google Latitude as its base. Unfortunately, on the iPhone, it does not run in the background so it will still require me to check-in to update my feed.
- A Chaos Theory for Change – September 17, 2010 – Some more short, yet great, thoughts on change. They think of it much in the same way I do.
- Hello, Fall! Cranberry Honey Drop Cookies – September 17, 2010 – Our big Christmas Cookie party will be on us before we know it, so I am constantly adding new cookie ideas to the mix. You never know what is going to Wow the friends. This one looks really good. I have used dried cranberries before and think this might be a great way to showcase them.
- New in Labs: Video chat enhancements – September 16, 2010 – Always good to see Google trying out new features. Not every one will be a winner, but you need to try a lot to see which are the most useful.