Video: Evaluating Opportunities from Career Compass: Finding Your Career North
A short clip from this longer presentation
Enjoy this clip and presentation? Consider a donation via PayPal to support further career talks, videos, podcasts and clips.
Te next thing about the Compass that really is effective is it allows you to evaluate opportunities that present themselves. If you see an opportunity that is sitting up here in this quadrant, you’re likfe Yeaaaaaa. Score! ANd you pursue that with your heart because that is taking you exactly where you want to go. See something going this way? Still good. Still cool. Cool stuff you like doing. I can do that. Stuff I’m doing now. Ok, maybe I can parlay that into a bigger role, a higher salary, a better title. Whatever. Because I have been doing that already. I’m experienced in that. So, when you’re — when you bump into the guys at Starbucks, and he says, “Well, I need this IT guy to come in and do this networking stuff for me” and you can say “Yeah I can do that.” That’s in my realm of my career that I want to head into.
Read my Kindle Booklet
Previously from Career Compass: Finding Your Career North:
- Don’t go the wrong way
- Keep Heading North
- Never not looking for the next job
- Always look for the “next, best job”
- The Southwest Quadrant – Jobs you never want to do
- Building a “Hybrid” career
- Turn your other interests into a career
- The Northwest Quadrant: What you want
- Thinking about the present
- The Northeast Quadrant: What you do today
- Navigating Your Career Course
- Building the Career You Deserve
- Don’t let your career happen to you
- Don’t be a cog in the machine
- We all have a Career Compass
- Why you should try to find your career north?
- Why a Career Compass?
Follow Douglas E. Welch and Career Opportunities on thees sites: