A short clip from this longer presentation
Enjoy this clip and presentation? Consider a donation via PayPal to support further career talks, videos, podcasts and clips.
You will be in situations in your life. I have been in situations in my life where you are truly desperate. Where you are desperate for something. That is the time you take a job like that. If you are not in desperate and dire straits, I consul you, please, look for the next, best, job. It is out there. It is out there and the more work you have on here in the Compass the more you will be able to understand that. You’ll understand that Wow, that job is going to be really tough. Can I do it for 6 months? Yeah, I can do it for 6 months. I wouldn’t want to do it for a lifetime. Go into that job with that knowledge clear in your mind.
Read my Kindle Booklet
Previously from Career Compass: Finding Your Career North:
- The Northwest Quadrant: What you want
- Thinking about the present
- The Northeast Quadrant: What you do today
- Navigating Your Career Course
- Building the Career You Deserve
- Don’t let your career happen to you
- Don’t be a cog in the machine
- We all have a Career Compass
- Why you should try to find your career north?
- Why a Career Compass?
Follow Douglas E. Welch and Career Opportunities on thees sites: