A short clip from this longer presentation
Enjoy this clip and presentation? Consider a donation via PayPal to support further career talks, videos, podcasts and clips.
If you’re working in these two quadrants — if you’re down here — you are actively sabotaging your life. You might as well go out and shoot yourself in the foot because that is exactly what you are doing every single day. You’re trying to get to America. You’re Columbus trying to get to America and you’re going the wrong way. He’s going to end up in Africa because he turned around and suddenly decided to go East for some reason. It is that ludicrous. Don’t do it if at all possible.
Read my Kindle Booklet
Previously from Career Compass: Finding Your Career North:
- Keep Heading North
- Never not looking for the next job
- Always look for the “next, best job”
- The Southwest Quadrant – Jobs you never want to do
- Building a “Hybrid” career
- Turn your other interests into a career
- The Northwest Quadrant: What you want
- Thinking about the present
- The Northeast Quadrant: What you do today
- Navigating Your Career Course
- Building the Career You Deserve
- Don’t let your career happen to you
- Don’t be a cog in the machine
- We all have a Career Compass
- Why you should try to find your career north?
- Why a Career Compass?
Follow Douglas E. Welch and Career Opportunities on thees sites: