Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 0:43 — 25.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Part of the New Media 101/Blogging 101 series…
A quick clip from this 30 minute presentation — New Media Question Time for UCLA Voiceover Class.
What makes a podcast unique? Well that is a very easy question to answer. You are what makes your podcast unique. We are all unique human beings and individuals. We all have our own interests, our own likes, our own dislikes, our own opinions. You are what makes your podcast. Every podcast that has been out there is really about you. It’s about your thoughts, your expertise, your feelings about your topic and that is exactly what you should be sharing. Stand up and, if something effects you, if something interests you, if something offends you, changes are its going to offend a certain percentage of your audience as well. It is going to intrique a certain amount of your audience as well. And that is who is going to want to listen to your podcast.
Previously on New Media 101/Blogging 101:
- New Media 101: Have your own home base
- New Media 101: Basic New Media Gear
- New Media 101: Small business should teach their customers
- New Media 101: Provide Behind the Scenes Information
- New Media 101: You are an expert! from “Blogging and Content Creation”
- New Media 101: A Reason for Podcasting from “New Media Question Time”
- Blogging 101: Who you follow is more important…
- Blogging 101: Don’t throw away your content
- Blogging 101: The most important reason to blog
- Blogging 101: The beginning