In order to make sure I get this entry posted before I crash for the night, I am writing in my iPhone with hip hop blasting in the background. We have spent the evening at this Sweet 16 party for a friend’s daughter. My son is in the court and also here with his girlfriend, so we are hanging out until the very end. A long night, but it is probably the biggest party I have ever had for my birthday. (LAUGH) It was fun to enjoy an event even if it wasn’t an event for me. We had good food, good company and even danced a little, which we haven’t had a chance to do in a long time.
This will probably be one of my better birthday memories. It was a great way to occupy and evening when I might otherwise be dwelling on another year gone. I can do that sometimes–focusing on the regrets instead of the good times, so it was good to have the distraction.
Tomorrow begins year 51. What will it bring? What will I accomplish? Who knows, but I get another year to try, which is and always be a GOOD THING!
Be well all and goodnight. Make the most of your next year when it arrives!
Previously on End of the Day:
- Grandpa Claude’s Birthday – End of the Day for February 13, 2014
- Why do we do what we do? — End of the Day for February 12, 2014
- 50! — End of the Day for February 11, 2014
- The Dad Cycle — End of the Day for February 10, 2014
- Stillness, silence and sand — End of the Day for February 9, 2014
- Parental Robots? – End of the Day for February 8, 2014
- Topics of (dis)interest – End of the Day for February 7, 2014
- Home again — End of the Day for February 6, 2014
- …but Mom, he followed me home! — End of the Day for February 5, 2014
- All parenting is ad lib – End of the Day for February 4, 2014
- A little bit of this and a little bit of nothing – End of the Day for February 3, 2014
- Was that rain on the roof? – End of the Day for February 2, 2014
- Growing up – End of the Day for February 1, 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014