Doing The Work
1. Finding out the best varieties by actually testing them in our trial grounds, watching the reports of the Ex- periment Stations and gauging the general observations and experiences of farmers throughout the Southwest.
2. Finding out the better strains of these high-yielding standard varieties by growing them side by each.
3. Improving these better strains of these better varieties by plant-to-row tests — doing this painstaking and valuable work each and every season. This is the work that mak s our seeds yield bigger crops.
Supplying Seeds To You
4. We are growing seeds of these highly improved strains of these standard varieties.
5. We are preparing the seeds from these specially grown fields, assuming the responsibility for the success of every important step in the selection of the variety, select- ing the best strain in the variety, improving their good strains, as well as growing and preparing the seeds — all under our supervision, with practically trained specialists it charge of every step.
But Let Us Reason Together
With all this care our seeds are not yet perfect; they are “high bred,” but not absolutely “pure bred.” We are not promising you more than Old Mother Nature gives to us. In your fields, just the same as in ours along with your better yields and better average quality, you will get your share of runts, sports, throw-backs, reversions, etc. There’s a runt in every litter of even thoroughbred pigs; so in seeds.
When You Buy Our Seeds we want you to “feel,” as well as to believe, that your money is wisely invested in seeds that are well bred and honestly described. Of our sincerity in this we ask you to judge after reading our Stringless Guarantee.
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
** Many of these books may be available from your local library. Check it out!