A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
We want to — to go back to our being on course metaphor — you want to roll with the waves of transition, ok. If you’re constantly fighting, you’re going to get swamped. The wave is going come over you and you’re going to be wiped out. Don’t be capsized. Don’t be drowned by the waves of change. Ride on top. Be that cork. Be that bobber, if you’re a fisherman. Be that bobber and ride on top of it by engaging in it. If you simply stand there at the shoreline and let the waves smack into you that’s self-defeating. If you ride with the waves — you dive into the waves — it’s simply going to be easier on you and you’re going to benefit much more from that.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
** Many of these books may be available from your local library. Check it out!