It is almost time for Tomatomania again. This yearly event with both California and New England locations kicks off the growing season with tomato seedlings in hundreds of varieties, from heirloom to modern hybrids.
We are lucky in that one of the major locations is within a mile of our house and garden, so it is always easy to check out “the mania” and see what is new and cool this year.
Here is a video with Tomatomania founder, Scott Daigre, from 2008. I am going to try and get a new video with him during this year’s event, so what AGN for more updates.
Current confirmed dates include…
- Encinitas (San Diego), CA – March 19 – 20 San Diego Botanic Garden
- Encino (Los Angeles), CA – March 25 – 27 Tapia Brothers’ Farm Stand
- Fillmore, CA – April 1 – 2 Otto and Sons Nursery
- La Canada Flintridge, CA – April 2 – 3 Descanso Gardens
- Ojai, CA – April 8 – 10 Flora Gardens Nursery
- Sonoma, CA – April 16 -17Cornerstone Sonoma
- Fullerton, CA – April 16 -17Green Scene
- Lothian, MD -April 29 – May 1 Greenstreet Growers
- Litchfield, CT – May 20 – 22 White Flower Farm
- Boston, MA – May 22 only Mass Hort’s Elm Bank
**Dates confirmed as of February 15th, 2011.
Exciting new additions to the sales schedule will be announced as confirmed!