On Thursday, January 26, 2012, I spoke to Janet Wilcox’s UCLA Extension class, Pursuing a Career in Voice Overs.
I talked about New Media and the need for students to develop their voice over careers in non-traditional ways, as the industry changes.
Sections of the talk:
- Being responsible for your own Production, Promotion and Proactivity in your own career
- Blogs and Blogging
- Web sites
- The 4 Pillars of New Media
- Video Sharing sites
- Live Streaming
- Social Media – Facebok, Twitter, Google+, etc.
- How the entertainment industry is chaining
- Why you should be developing and producing your own shows
I also gave a short Garageband to show how easy it is to create your own audio programs. Due to the visual nature of the talk, it is not included in this audio program.