A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- Keep Your Laptop’s Power Cord Out of the Way with Its Built-In Wrapping Clip [Cable Management] – April 12, 2011
- Recipe: Italian Meatloaf – April 12, 2011 – I am a meatloaf fan myself, when it is done right, much like the author mentions. I also agree with using the larger pan. Some meatloaf recipes swim in their sauce, or the grease. 🙁
I am going to try this recipe out real soon now. It will give us another style that is quite different from the BBQ meatloaf I usually make now. It is good, too, but one can always use a change.
- Summer's in the Air – a beverage for adults! – April 12, 2011 – This looks like an excellent summer cocktail to serve at friendly dinners or big outdoor parties or after a good day’s work in the garden.
- Santa Barbara Native Plant Tour – April 12, 2011
- Not happy – Cisco killing Flip line of camcorders, axing 550 employees in restructuring effort – April 12, 2011 – Surprising to hear. I considered Flip a major success in the pocket camcorder line. It is possible the that expanded quality of smartphones and other pocket recorders eroded their market, but it seems odd that Cisco would buy them just to kill them off.
- Viddy for iPhone is Instagram for Your Videos – April 11, 2011 – Checking out this new service. You can find me there as user douglaswelch.
- Marion Cunningham's Chocolate Yeast Bread – April 11, 2011
- Beautify Your Bookshelf with DIY Concrete Bookends [DIY Creations] – April 10, 2011 – This could have some uses in the garden, too. Make your own decorative or directional signs, plant markers, whatever.
- Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken and Orzo – April 8, 2011 – I have a butternet squash sitting on my counter as I type. I like the addition of the chicken and orzo to dress up, what could be, a fairly simple soup.
- small measures with ashley: homemade butter – April 8, 2011 – I am going through a phase of wanting to try to make all sorts of things, so this falls right into line. What is nice is that I could use the buttermilk to make some other dishes that I have been liking lately including a buttermilk waffle, soda bread and more.
- eReaderIQ.com | The Easier, Faster, Smarter Way to Kindle! – April 8, 2011
- Beauty of Maps available in its entirety – April 7, 2011 – Add a noteIt is really inconvenient to have to watch this in 12, YouTube parts, but better that you get to watch it at all. Highly recommended review of some amazing maps from history and what they meant to society.
- Book Review: Understanding Garden Design – April 7, 2011
- Simple No Knead Pizza Dough – April 6, 2011