A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- Cake Balls – October 26, 2010 – I have seen these before. Certainly a different take on “cake” and candy. Sounds like a bit of work, but maybe I can enlist the family for a little help on this project. I tend to avoid cookies that take too much work as I am making so many different cookies for my party and too much “finishing” really slow things down.
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies – October 26, 2010
- Top 10: Whiteboards, blackboards, and brainstorming tools – October 25, 2010 – I do miss not having a white board here in the home office. I think maybe the shower board might be the way for me to go. I have several places I could put that and get some creative space.
- Cranberry Turtle Bars – October 25, 2010
- Download & Print Doctor Who Masks – October 25, 2010 – Halloween is just around the corner and you could make a quick costume using these masks from Doctor Who. Some of them look pretty cool!
- (title unknown) – October 25, 2010 – Another review of the Artisinal LA event. First photo shows myself, my son and my friend, Liam, at the start of our day.
- Highlights from Artisanal LA – October 25, 2010 – I went on Saturday with my 12-year-old son and a good friend. We all agreed that it was an excellent event with lots of opportunities to taste and talk with the vendors. I was blown away by how interested everyone was to talk with people and share their take on their products. I would definitely attend again.
The smallish size of the event was just about perfect. Too often in LA we tend to blow events into huge productions. I find events of this size and scope much more enjoyable. I would much rather see several smaller events than one large one. Heck, as it was, we were stuffed by the end of our 2.5 hours at the show. I don’t think I could have tasted anything else had I stayed the rest of the day. (LAUGH)
- La Tavola della mia Famiglia: Brutti ma Buoni – October 24, 2010 – I am not sure if my wife’s family made these Italian cookies (food and be hyper-regional in Italy and Sicily), but they look like something neat to try for this year’s cookie party. The name means “ugly, but good” and that in itself makes them charming enough to give them a try.
- Fall Cocktails: Spiked Cider – October 22, 2010 – Another Fall/Winter cocktail. Sounds tasty. Cider is always one of my favorite drinks this time of year.
- Ustream Lets Users Set Up Their Own Pay Per View And Ad Free Broadcasting (Alexia Tsotsis/TechCrunch) – October 22, 2010 – Very cool enhancement to uStream’s services. We are all looking for some way to make a few pennies of of the content we create and services like this make it a bit easier.
- pumpkin spice steel cut oatmeal – October 22, 2010 – I am going to try this using my Good Eats overnight Oatmeal recipe that I use each Christmas Eve. This gives us an opportunity to have it more than once a year.
- 8 Great Mind Mapping Tools For Effective Brainstorming – October 21, 2010 – Mindmapping can be a great way to shake lose new ideas and thoughts. I use Freemind myself, but as this post shows there are a host of good mindmapping Programs out there.
- SmartTwitter Posts Your Tweets On Facebook, Minus The Noise – October 20, 2010
- Halloween Cocktail: The Jack-O-Lantern Halloween for Grownups – October 20, 2010
- Boarrd Is a Customizable Information Board for Your Project Team [Start Pages] – October 20, 2010 – I can foresee some big uses for this. Coordinating teams can be hard and having a dashboard can make things a lot simpler.