Yet another research resource for Why The Monkees Matter
Long hair was in, then long, long hair was out, then short-long hair was in and all the while controversies raged on about what type of hairstyle looked best—on boys and girls. This didn’t apply to the entertainers alone. Teenage hairstyles are a constant battle since now long, long hair on girls is the thing and at the same time Twiggy has made short, short hair very popular. What are you to do?The only solution for you or your friends or even for the entertainers who are constantly seen by the public is to wear your hair according to what you think looks best. This is what Micky Dolenz did and what did he run into but a rash of protests from fans. This hardly seems fair.
Previously in Out of Research Vault:
- Musical influences, the mysteries of songwriting and God.
- THE MONKEES – Clive James Talks Back interview (ITV), 4th March 1997
- Making Sense of Cultural Studies: Central Problems and Critical Debates by Chris Barker
- I Make the Monkees Clothes, 16 Magazine, Ashman, Gene. (1967, October)
- Dolenz, Jones, Boyce & Hart on The Dinah Shore Show 1976
- Micky and Peter on Nightwatch, 1986 [Video]
- Comedy Writer Treva Silverman Interview from the Emmy Foundation
- Micky Dolenz on Muppets Tonight
- Pre-Monkees Davy Jones sings “I’m Going to Buy Me A Dog” on Farmer’s Daughter TV Show
- Previously on CBS Sunday Morning: Davy Jones in 1993
- What is it? It’s the Monkeemobile! – August Chronicle, November 7, 2014
- Micky Dolenz & Peter Tork on Nightwatch – 1986
- The Monkees In Melbourne, Australia 1968 [Video]