Houzz.com is one of my main sources for new thoughts on home and garden these days. I originally thought of it only as a way of finding home furnishing and design ideas, but I quickly discovered it also contains a huge amount of gardening and landscaping content, too. If you follow my social media accounts, you will find I am often sharing articles from Houzz.com. Sometimes these articles are about the design of a garden — both landscape and hardscape. At other times, there are great review articles of a particular type of plant or plants for specific uses and locations. This is one of the few sites where I subscribe to both the RSS feed and the Houzz.com Email Newsletter so I am sure to never miss a great article.
Houzz.com also has companion iPhone/iPad and Android apps for your mobile devices.
What are some of your favorite Subscriptions? Share them here in the comments!
Previously highlighted on Subscribed:
- Joy the Baker
- FRANKIEonPCin1080p – Game reviews, critique and playthroughs
- Tod Maffin: Making the Digital World Human Again
- CookAppeal – Food-Wine-Fun
- City Farmer News
- Peter Lythgoe of the Zzipp & Co Podcast
- Cold Antler Farm
- Cooking Stoned with James Stone
- Backyard Farmer from the University of Nebraska
- Building with BDoubleO
- Thinking Allowed from BBC Radio 4
- In Our Time from BBC Radio 4
- The Kitchn from Apartment Therapy
- Vintage Beef – Gaming Let’s Play and More!
- Frieda’s Garden
- TUAW: The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Minute Physics
- Grant’s Advent Calendar with Grant Baciocco
- Minecraft and More with Paul Soares, Jr.
- Cool Hunting
- CareerCamp International
- Simon’s Cat
- Science @ NASA
- Far Lands or Bust with KurtJMac
- PBS Idea Channel
Subscribed is a Careers in New Media series highlighting the Podcasts, YouTube Channels and Blogs that I follow on a daily basis. Check out this entry, and past entries, for some great New Media Content — Douglas