A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
If you got this job, you can get another. Too many of us get tied up in the fact that “that’s the only job I’ll ever have and the only job I can ever get, I’m not qualified for anything else I can’t do anything else” and we get panicked about that. No, the very proof of your job history shows that you have an on-going employability down the road. That helps. Sometimes you’re looking for something to hold on to. We get — self-doubt creeps in and fear creeps in and everything else. And I want to tell you, if you got that job, you can get another. You have skills. Don’t let it beat you down. Don’t lt it convince you that you have no skills or you’re not employable or whatever. It’s simply wrongheaded and it’s one of those things that our brains do to ourselves. When that doubt creeps in — which is another thing that is totally tied up with transition — that doubt creeps in and boy.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!