Douglas E. Welch (http://douglasewelch.com) presents to the class Career Development – Theories and Techniques at Pepperdine Graduate School of Education & Psychology taught by fellow CareerCamp Co-Chair, Danielle Gruen
The two biggest challenges are deciding what you want to do as a career and then building the career you deserve once you decide.
I discuss the Career Compass method of discovering your career wants, needs and desires and then using various social media tools to show people “What you do and how well you do it”
It’s not about those external things out there. Although, yes, we focus on resumes and we focus on interview skills and everything else, in reality it’s about you. It’s about the people you deal with and it’s about developing, as Danielle said, “The Career You Deserve” and I really do believe that. That became the subtitle for my column and podcast and I really do believe that. We all deserve a great career. We’re not entitled to it. It doesn’t mean that I get it because I’m a happy little special snowflake. It means that all of us, collectively as humans, deserve a great career and we can make that happen — and we can help others make that happen — if we think about it in this very personal way.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
Help Support Career Opportunities!
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!