A short clip from this longer presentation
Enjoy this clip and presentation? Consider a donation via PayPal to support further career talks, videos, podcasts and clips.
We’ve come a long way, but we are still carrying with us a lot of baggage from the 1950’s and the 1960’s. I would caution you to those ideas that you have in your mind and perhaps that we inherited from our grandparents or our parents and reevaluate them in the light of the 2000’s. Because it has changed so much. The invention of the Internet alone has dramatically changed all of our lives. If nothing else had changed that one thing would still have been just a traumatic change in our lives.
Read my Kindle Booklet
Previously from Career Compass: Finding Your Career North:
- A good job…for someone else
- Evaluating Opportunities
- Don’t go the wrong way
- Keep Heading North
- Never not looking for the next job
- Always look for the “next, best job”
- The Southwest Quadrant – Jobs you never want to do
- Building a “Hybrid” career
- Turn your other interests into a career
- The Northwest Quadrant: What you want
- Thinking about the present
- The Northeast Quadrant: What you do today
- Navigating Your Career Course
- Building the Career You Deserve
- Don’t let your career happen to you
- Don’t be a cog in the machine
- We all have a Career Compass
- Why you should try to find your career north?
- Why a Career Compass?
Follow Douglas E. Welch and Career Opportunities on thees sites: