While it might be considered a niche career, many thousands of people pursue their musical dreams every year. In such a competitive industry, you need a reliable and knowledgeable guide. John Braheny provides just such a guide.
This highly successful music industry book, The Craft and Business of Songwriting, by my good friend, John Braheny, is now in its 3rd edition. This edition contains a substantial amount of new content, including a podcasting sidebar written by yours truly.
I was honored when he asked me to write the podcasting sidebar for his book. As he prepared this latest edition, podcasting was just starting to enter the public psyche and, even then, I sensed its effects on songwriters and the music industry as a whole were sure to be profound. Since I was an experienced computer consultant, there at the very beginning, (and not a bad amateur guitarist) I was in excellent position to help his readers understand this new technology.
For more information on John and the book, visit JohnBraheny.com
All Gift Guide Recommendations:
- # 8 The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
- # 7 The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You’ll Ever Need
- # 6 The Little Big Things by Tom Peters
- # 5 The Creative Habit and The Collaborative Habit
- # 4 Thinking for a Change by John C. Maxwell
- # 3 Drive by Daniel Pink
- # 2 Getting Things Done by David Allen
- # 1 Linchpin by Seth Godin