Santa Monica, California-based Ascent Media Group, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascent Media Corporation (Nasdaq: ASCMA). With more than 40 facilities worldwide, Ascent Media Group is a leading provider of fully integrated, end-to-end services for the global digital media supply chain. Guided by our entrepreneurial culture, we blend breakthrough creative with emerging technologies to deliver some of the most advanced and innovative media solutions to help film and television studios, independent producers, broadcast networks, cable channels, advertising agencies and other companies make, manage, move and monetize their digital media.
We are seeking a Payroll Tax Accountant to join our team in Burbank, CA.
Responsible for preparing, processing, and analyzing payroll tax data to ensure accurate and timely payroll tax deposits per Federal, State, and Local requirements. Position requires analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for numbers, multi-tasking abilities, and good attendance. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with initiative and a pro-active approach to tasks and responsibilities.
* Responsible for all Company payroll tax activities, including compliance with knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations.
* Drive change in the Payroll tax function to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the Payroll tax function
* Maintain payroll-related accounts and the reconciliation and accuracy of one or more accounts within a complex accounting system.
* Prepare various accounting schedules, exhibits, and summaries, assists in determining the need for new payroll codes/accounts and/or revisions, research and advise payroll staff concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions.
* Respond to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
* Research and review legislative and policy changes that effect payrolls and computer programs, translating changes into clear, concise directives for management, systems personnel, and subsidiaries.
* Participate in payroll software design reviews and modifications to ensure statutory compliance and accuracy.
* Maintains current knowledge of all Payroll Tax laws and/or requirements affecting the company payroll taxes.
* Identify potential Payroll tax exposure and related financial risks, communicate these risks to Management, and direct the final disposition of related Payroll tax items
* Assist in tax audits. Serve as a liaison and company consultant to tax authorities to clarify statutory changes and to request additional information when that is needed.
* Independently work with the Payroll vendor’s tax filing service to ensure timeliness and accuracy of filings, as well as assist in issue resolution.
* Responsible for addressing tax issues associated with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, company name changes, FEIN changes, new state withholding, and unemployment applications
* Review various Payroll reports for accuracy, adjustments/corrections
* 4-6 years of related payroll tax experience on the federal, multi-state, and local level, interpreting statutory legislation and documentation.
* Solid understanding of the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities,
* Must be able to independently perform work related tasks and exercise professional discretion
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), company health screenings and more. Local candidates only. No relocation assistance provided.
Ascent Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Payroll Tax Accountant in the subject line.