2/3 cup butter
1 cup molasses
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon each cinnamon and cloves
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
I cup sour milk
1 teaspoon Magic Soda
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Magic Baking Powder
Pour hot melted butter into the molasses, add sugar and well beaten eggs; sift together dry ingredients and add to first mixture alternately with sour milk. Beat well. Bake in greased and floured shallow pan 40 minutes in 350° F. oven.
- Publication date 1930
- Topics Baking — Canada., Desserts., Cooking, Canadian., Baking powder., McGill University Library Digitized Title, Cookbook Collection, Baking, Desserts, Cooking, Canadian, Baking powder
- Publisher Toronto : Standard Brands
- Collection mcgilluniversity; mcgilluniversityrarebooks; toronto
- Contributor McGill University Library
- Language English
Get these aprons for your cooking adventures.
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
** Many of these books may be available from your local library. Check it out!