Last night I had a telephone call from a young housewife who wanted to know how to make a sponge cake. She said she had never yet made a sponge cake which was anything but a flat and dismal failure.In order to please this young woman, I promised to give a little lecture today entitled “Sponge Cakes, and How to Make Them.” Perhaps other homekeepers will be interested in my directions, for surely a light and delicate sponge cake is worth striving for.
- Publication date 1928
- Topics Formulas, recipes, etc, Cake, Baking
- Publisher [Washington, D.C.] : United States Department of Agriculture, Office of Information, Radio Service
- Collection usda-housekeeperschat; usdanationalagriculturallibrary; fedlink; americana
- Digitizing sponsor U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Library
- Contributor U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Library
- Language English
- Volume 1928
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
** Many of these books may be available from your local library. Check it out!