While New York’s Museum of Modern Art is closed to the public right now, its virtual doors are open in the form of a few free classes from the museum.
MoMA is offering nine free classes through Coursera:
- Fashion as Design
- In the Studio: Postwar Abstract Paining
- What is Contemporary Art?
- Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes
- Art & Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies For Your Classroom
- Seeing Through Photographs
- Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art
- Modern Art & Ideas
- Sheying (taught in Chinese)
Classes take anywhere from 12 to 38 hours to complete and can be done at whatever speed you’d like.
An interesting link found among my daily reading