Two excellent books by choreographer Twyla Tharp delve into the creative process and collaborating with others. The books give an in-depth view of both her work and how she creates it. There is lots of great ideas to be found here for anyone seeking to improve their career.
One of the world’s leading creative artists, choreographers, and creator of the smash-hit Broadway show, Movin’ Out, shares her secrets for developing and honing your creative talents—at once prescriptive and inspirational, a book to stand alongside The Artist’s Way and Bird by Bird.
All it takes to make creativity a part of your life is the willingness to make it a habit. It is the product of preparation and effort, and is within reach of everyone. Whether you are a painter, musician, businessperson, or simply an individual yearning to put your creativity to use, The Creative Habit provides you with thirty-two practical exercises based on the lessons Twyla Tharp has learned in her remarkable thirty-five-year career.
In “Where’s Your Pencil?” Tharp reminds you to observe the world — and get it down on paper. In “Coins and Chaos,” she gives you an easy way to restore order and peace. In “Do a Verb,” she turns your mind and body into coworkers. In “Build a Bridge to the Next Day,” she shows you how to clean the clutter from your mind overnight.
Tharp leads you through the painful first steps of scratching for ideas, finding the spine of your work, and getting out of ruts and into productive grooves. The wide-open realm of possibilities can be energizing, and Twyla Tharp explains how to take a deep breath and begin…
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
- #33 Tea Infuser Mug
- #32 Why The Monkees Matter by Dr. Rosanne Welch
- #31 Mackie PROFX8V2 8-Channel Compact Mixer with USB and Effects
- #30 Moleskine Classic Notebook
- #29 Do The Work by Steven Pressfield
- #28 RAM Mounts for iPhones and dozens of other devices and vehicles
- #27 The Promise by Dawn Comer Jefferson and Rosanne Welch
- #26 300 LED Color Changing Kit
- #25 Warhammer Age of Sigmar Starter Box
- #24 Jawbone Jambox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- #23 Zoom H6 Audio Recorder
- #22 Amazon Echo
- #21 Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
- #20 Bulb Planting Tools for the Garden
- #19 Google Cardboard 3d VR Virtual Reality DIY 3D Glasses
- #18 Makey Makey – An Invention Kit for Everyone
- #17 Etekcity Wireless Remote Control Electrical Outlet Switch
- #16 iClever BoostCube 4.8A 24W Dual USB Travel Wall Charger
- #15 Fancierstudio Professional Digital Video Continuous Softbox Lighting Kit with Lighting Stand, 3000 Watt
- #14 Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger
- #13 Snark SN-5 Tuner for Guitar, Bass and Violin
- #12 Goldiblox Award Winning Construction Kits for Girls!
- #11 iOttie Easy One Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder
- #10 Mohu Leaf 30 TV Antenna
- #9 littleBits Electronics Premium Kit
- #8 Yimby Tumbler Composter
- #7 All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
- #6 Electric Kettles
- #5 Arduino Starter Kit
- #4 Prosecco Sparkling Wine
- #3 The $64 Tomato by William Alexander
- #2 Italian Moka Pot Coffee Makers
- #1 CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit