A bit of a rest day today. I was feeling a bit under the weather. Nothing bad, just some bad hay fever, but today it made me feel generally lousy, not just the specific allergy symptoms. I plowed my way through some daily work but spent the rest of the day sitting, reading, watching some TV — generally playing poor baby sick boy.
Given my own odd proclivities though, there came a time during the day when I wondered if perhaps I was just being lazy and using the hay fever as an excuse. I had worked through it on other days. Surely it wasn’t any worse today.
It is one of my bad traits that I’m harder on myself than anyone else might be. I am always worried about being productive and useful and getting work done. That’s one great reason I hate being sick. I always feel that it’s getting in the way of things what needs to be done, and it makes me feel like I’m being a bit lazy.
Today soon proved that not to be the case, though. I fell asleep twice in my chair and ended up eating much less than usual. This is certainly not normal for me. I felt a slight sore throat coming and wanted nothing more than to curl up on the couch and read — so I did.
If you take a moment, it can be quite easy to see when you are actually a bit sick. I can remember the precise moment today when I realized I was not feel 100%. I was feeling like I needed to get up and do some work at my computer and realized my body would prefer not to do that. (LAUGH) Once I realized that, it made the day a lot easier. I settled in and did those things I could do from my chair and left the larger projects for tomorrow.
Now, if I have taken my rest day well enough, by tomorrow I should be back on track. I have a speaking engagement on Friday, so It is even more important I take the time to feel better before then. You have to look out for yourself or you’ll end up being sicker longer and that isn’t good for you, your family or you’re productivity.
Previously on End of the Day:
- The long hot summer nights – End of the Day for August 17, 2014
- Looking for the Fall – End of the Day for August 16, 2014
- Let the sun shine in! – End of the Day for August 15, 2014
- Trolls – End of the Day for August 14, 2014
- Here we go again! – End of the Day for August 13, 2014
- Flowers and trees – End of the Day for August 12, 2014
- Rite of passage – End of the Day for August 11, 2014
- A little art – End of the Day for August 10, 2014
- A little night…burlesque! – End of the Day for August 9, 2014
- Another outdoor event tonight – End of the Day for August 8, 2014
- Dealing with stress — poorly – End of the Day for August 6, 2014
- Early rising – End of the Day for August 5, 2014
- It just keeps rolling along – End of the Day for August 4, 2014
- Unseasonable Weather – End of the Day for August 3, 2014
- A little bit of this. A little bit of that. – End of the Day for August 2, 2014
- A gelato evening — End of the Day for August 1, 2014
- End of the Day for July 2014
- End of the Day for June 2014
- End of the Day for May 2014
- End of the Day for April 2014
- End of the Day for March 2014
- End of the Day for February 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014