Fast times and slow times. Up times and down times. Busy and calm. Life is filled will all of these and more. This weekend is the beginning of Spring Break for Joseph, but Monday means back to work for Rosanne and I. This means that the weekend is really our only vacation so we have been taking it easy, at least a little. Of course, there is always something to do, but we are building in regular breaks between the tasks and talking a few more naps than usual.
Jack Sparx and his Electric Toys from Maker Faire 2008 – Click for video
Tomorrow we will be doing our traditional trip to Orange County for Easter lunch with family, eating some good food and then settling back in at home, hopefully before too late in the evening. It is always Important for us to get some prep time before heading back into the. Work week, even if the prep time means nothing back packing our bags and getting a good night’s sleep.
All this business can wear me down a bit. There are times I feel I am on a bit of a treadmill sometimes. I can feel myself wearing out as the year progresses and I can see it in Rosanne, too. It can be hard to maintain your energy over 9 months or more, but you must find a way to do it. Something we used to do — and need to do regularly again — is take short 2-3 day vacations throughout the year. This has become more and more difficult with 3 schedules to manage, but as Joseph gets older and Rosanne develops more seniority in her career we are finding more times when we can escape together. Of course, in just 2 more years we will be back to a couple once again as Joe moves on to college and that will make things easier, too.
For now, though, it is catch as catch can. We will couch our energy reserves and push on until June, then we’ll get a bit of time to recharge.
What do you do to rebuild and recharge your energy at this time of year? Share your secrets in the comments!
Watch the video with the above sparks on YouTube!
Previously on End of the Day:
- Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd! – End of the Day for April 18, 2014
- Spring has broken! – End of the Day for April 17, 2014
- A good day – End of the Day for April 16, 2014
- The quiet time of night – End of the Day for April 15, 2014
- All of you out there listening and reading in dark! – End of the Day for April 14, 2014
- Sunday Night Dread and a Place of Self Preservation – End of the Day for April 13, 2014
- Summer is galloping down upon us! – End of the Day for April 12, 2014
- The Art of Fine Conversation – End of the Day for April 11, 2014
- Time to get out of town again – End of the Day for April 10, 2014
- Tech support needs an overhaul – End of the Day for April 9, 2014
- It’s hot in Topeka! – End of the Day for April 8. 2014
- Pushing through the rough parts — End of the Day for April 7, 2014
- Tired, tired, tired — End of the Day for April 6, 2014
- Popcorn – The secret to a happy relationship – End of the Day for April 5, 2014
- Another closing. Another Show – End if the Day for April 5, 2004
- Common Courtesy – End of the Day for April 3, 2014
- Attention must be paid – End of the Day for April 2, 2014
- “The torch has been passed to a new generation” – End of the Day for April 1, 2014
- End of the Day for March 2014
- End of the Day for February 2014
- End of the Day for January 2014