It is almost New Year’s Eve and champagne (or other sparkling wine) will be on the menu. Why not learn a bit more about this bubbly concoction and increase your enjoyment of it?
Today, in honor of this amazing beverage, I present Champagne Info!
#7: Cava – A Spanish Sparkling Wine
I discovered Spanish Sparkling Wines in college. They were less expensive than Champagne, but tasted just as good. Cava is named after the caves where it is traditionally made and uses the same Methode Champenoise process used to make Champagne in France. Freixenet is a cava producer I regularly see on shelves here in California.
Previously in Champagne Info:
- #1 What is Champagne? from Wikipedia
- #2 Recipe: for Champagne Sorbet from Bakespace.com
- #3 Methode Champenoise
- #4 Sparkling Wine vs. Champagne
- #5Prosecco – an Italian Sparkling Wine
- #6 Nutella Champagne Shooter recipe from Bakespace.com