I have had 2 of these bins for the past 8-9 seasons and they are going strong. I was lucky enough to get mine at a discount via our local recycling and composting program, but I see them listed here on Amazon.com and you might be able to find them locally, too.
Assembly was easy and fast and they have had held up very well to the weather, our beating Southern California sun and even the critters. I have added a large rock on top of each one to help keep the critters out, but that is all.
I am not an active composter — turning and tending my bins — but these composters continue to produce an almost continuous supply for my garden. Every so often I open the bottom door and take out the finished compost. The rest of the material then sinks to the bottom, leaving space on top for more material to be added. Couldn’t be easier!
More 2012 Gift Guide Items:
- Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
- Bulb Planting Tools
- Blue Snowball Microphone
- Seagate Backup Plus 500 GB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive
- Logitech C920 HD Web Cam
- We Are All Weird by Seth Godin
- Sunset Western Garden Book – New Edition for 2012
- The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings
- Garden Mysteries by Anthony Eglin
- The Creative Habit/The Collaborative Habit by Twyla Tharp