A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- Cheesy Chili Mac – May 17, 2011
- Saturdays with Rachael Ray | Italian BBQ Chicken with Polenta – May 14, 2011
- Yale opens up image library, starts with 250,000 free images – May 16, 2011
- Raspberry Cream and Chocolate Tart and Easy Melted Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies—The Secret Recipe Club – May 16, 2011
- Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, on YouTube – May 16, 2011 – I grew up with this show, which ran on Sunday nights right before The Wonderful World of Disney. Hearing the music and voices again brings back some very old memories.
- Worldtime Buddy Makes Scheduling Meetings Across Time Zones Easy [Webapp] – May 16, 2011
- Jacaranda Tour and a purple food recipe at the end, – May 16, 2011 – I love the purple jacaranda blossoms that cover the city this time of year. Some complain about the sticky blossoms that fall, but it seems a small price to pay for such a startling display of purple. Here in LA we have entire streets lined with the trees and it is a bit surreal to suddenly turn down a street that looks like the Wizard of Oz or other Technicolor film.
Billy2U on YouTube posted this cool video and even included a recipe for eggplant hummus at the end, just to keep you in the purple mode. (LAUGH)
- Altoids Tin Mini Garden – May 16, 2011 – For those of you who simply can’t be without a little green space, no matter where you may be, here is a neat method of growing sprouts, or any small seeds, in an altoid tin. This could turn out to be a great kids project, too.
- A Visit to See the Rare Lakeside Daisies in Marblehead, OH – May 15, 2011
- How Soil Quality Impacts Flavor and Nutrition of Food – May 15, 2011
- Orange Chicken – May 14, 2011
- Spaghetti Fritters (frittelle di spaghetti) – May 14, 2011