A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- Cajun Chicken & Sausage Gumbo – March 15, 2011
- Dropbox Forms Is the Easiest Way to Let Anyone Send a File to Your Dropbox Account [Video] – March 15, 2011
- sally lunn bread + honeyed brown butter spread – March 15, 2011
- R.I.P. Microsoft Zune, 2006-2011 – March 14, 2011
- How to make cheese, ricotta cheese, queso blanco : GardenFork.TV | GardenFork.TV – March 13, 2011 – I have been thinking about making some really basic cheese like this and I think Eric has convinced me just how easy it is. Time to pull out the milk and give it a try.
- The Chef's Guide to Cooking with Beer – Chicago barbecue | Examiner.com – March 13, 2011
- Building a sub-irrigated planter – March 12, 2011 – I am starting to investigate sub-irrigated planters in an attempt to grow some veg, even here in our rather shady garden. I figure I can place these in a sunny area the yard to take advantage of the like we do get.
One common problem with containers here in Los Angeles is that they dry out much to fast — often going bone dry in only one 90 degree day. The wicking action of SIPs can help to moderate the moisture in the pots and give us a bit more leeway in our watering without killing our plants.
- Herbed Irish Soda Bread…Darina Allen Style… – March 12, 2011
- White Chocolate Covered Clementines – March 9, 2011 – Do you need to say anything more than, YES! I think not. (LAUGH)
- Automattic Launches Jetpack, Gives WordPress.org Users WordPress.com Perks – March 9, 2011 – Nice to see some of these features moving over to the self-hosted world. I am definitely going to investigate them and see which features I might be able to integrate into my 4 WordPress blogs.
- Gmail Unveils Another Weapon Against Email Overload: Smart Labels – March 9, 2011 – I love how Gmail continues to innovate and make my life easier. Not bad for a freebie!