A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- The Social Printshop Introduces An Instagram Trio: Prinstagram, Instagrid, and Instawar – March 7, 2011
- Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken – March 7, 2011
- Big Easy Beignet – March 7, 2011
- Google's YouTube buys Next New Networks | Company Town | Los Angeles Times – March 7, 2011 – Seen at underseenedits.tumblr.com…
I see this as the beginnings of New Media finally challenging the mainstream media for viewers. I would like to see a lot more of it. That said, it is still catering to the “mega-hits” of the new media world and doesn’t do a lot to help the smaller, more niche productions. Does “a rising tide lift all boats?” Only tim will tell.
- Essential Plugins for Every WordPress Installation | Nettuts+ – March 7, 2011 – Great roundup of some “essential” wordpress plugins. I have some of these installed, and might install a few more, based on these recommendations.
- Breakfast Buttercups – March 7, 2011
- Mozzarella Stuffed Homemade Meatballs – March 7, 2011 – A nice change from our typical meatballs. I will probably make ours with turkey instead of beef, but I think they will still be very, very tasty.
- Start a Plant in a CD Spindle Case [Clever Uses] – March 6, 2011 – I love recycling ideas. I’m not using as many discs as I once did, but I could put these to use with the last remaining one’s I do have. I suppose you could use the top alone as a cloche for fragile seedlings outdoors, too.
- Black Cup: Like a Pimm's, but with Port Straight Up Cocktails and Spirits – March 4, 2011 – This sounds like a lovely cocktail for the coming Spring (or heck, anytime) I love Port, so this will be just one more way to enjoy it. Remember, use an inexpensive Ruby port here, though. You want to drink the good stuff straight up.
- Twitter Updates iOS App with Lots Of New Features (Federico Viticci/MacStories) – March 3, 2011
- Google Profiles Get a New Look and Easier Editing [Updates] – March 3, 2011 – Another way of getting the word out about yourself. Now your Google Profile looks a lot nicer. you might even want to direct someone there to learn more about you. I wish you were able to bring in photos from other sources and not just Picasa, but a few uploads filled out my photo area without too much work.
- In praise of T-Tape – March 3, 2011
- Moleskine Passions: The Gardening Journal! – March 2, 2011
- Stone Gable Scones~ – March 2, 2011