A collection of interesting items I found in my daily reading.
- Oat Soda Bread – January 11, 2011 – Another bread for the “to be made” stack. This soda bread is much simpler than yeast-raised breads, so it will probably be tried out first.
- The big mmm factor – Focaccine With Black Pepper, Pine Nuts and Crunchy Parma Ham – January 11, 2011
- Gingerbread Granola – January 11, 2011
- Recipe 25: Granny Smith Fizz – January 10, 2011 – Apples, lime and sparkling wine sound like a great, refreshing, cocktail for the summer months. Adding this to my list to try for our summer party.
- Thin Crust Pizza Dough – January 9, 2011
- Potato Rosemary and Sausage Soup – January 9, 2011
- Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread with Streusel Topping – January 9, 2011
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Oat Bars – January 9, 2011 – A nice, fruity bar to mix things up from the usual desserts
- No Fuss Focaccia – January 8, 2011
- Basic Focaccia – January 7, 2011 – Now that I have opened my mind to bread recipes I am seeing them everywhere, Focaccia is one of my favorites, too.
- Beef Brisket Pot Roast – January 7, 2011 – Another recipe for the slow cooker.
- Happy Trails to You: 17 No-Fee Days at National Parks in 2011 – January 7, 2011 – Always a good time to reacquaint yourself with our local wildlands. I look forward to the day when the fees are no longer needed, though.
- Scratch for NXT – Enchanting 0.0.4 – January 7, 2011 – Looking for new ways of interacting with the NXT computer for making cool robotics projects
- Basic Beer Bread – January 6, 2011 – More bread to try
- SimpleDiagrams software is a great way to get started with visual thinking – January 5, 2011 – Great new simple idea sketching program. Free with upgradable premium version. User Adobe Air.
- Wholly Rollers Helps Food Trucks Feed Encino, Not Parking Meters – January 5, 2011 – Nice to know there is a place to check out a revolving set of food trucks right in my neighborhood. We attended a larger event there a few months ago.
Pingback: Tweets that mention I Like This – January 12, 2011 | My Word with Douglas E. Welch -- Topsy.com