One of my favorite parts of researching and writing the book was the fact that I met such interesting and wonderful writers from television’s golden age of sitcoms, the shows I watched as a kid and rewatched in reruns across most of my life.
While we often become enamored of the actors and actresses we see in our favorite shows, I never forgot that the things they were doing and saying came from the imaginations of those other, elusive creatures known as writers. The chance to meet so many of them and hear their stories was precious.
Writer Treva Silverman – known for classics like Room 222 and the Mary Tyler Moore Show – broke into televsion when lady scribes were virtually nonexistent. Enjoy this excerpt from her Archive of American Television interview.
Previously in Out of Research Vault:
- Micky Dolenz on Muppets Tonight
- Pre-Monkees Davy Jones sings “I’m Going to Buy Me A Dog” on Farmer’s Daughter TV Show
- Previously on CBS Sunday Morning: Davy Jones in 1993
- What is it? It’s the Monkeemobile! – August Chronicle, November 7, 2014
- Micky Dolenz & Peter Tork on Nightwatch – 1986
- The Monkees In Melbourne, Australia 1968 [Video]