On Thursday, January 26, 2012, I spoke to Janet Wilcox’s UCLA Extension class, Pursuing a Career in Voice Overs.
I talked about New Media and the need for students to develop their voice over careers in non-traditional ways, as the industry changes.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (65.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Listen to Douglas’s New Media Presentation to UCLA Extension Voice over Class
Sections of the talk:
- Being responsible for your own Production, Promotion and Proactivity in your own career
- Blogs and Blogging
- Web sites
- The 4 Pillars of New Media
- Video Sharing sites
- Live Streaming
- Social Media – Facebok, Twitter, Google+, etc.
- How the entertainment industry is chaining
- Why you should be developing and producing your own shows
I also gave a short Garageband to show how easy it is to create your own audio programs. Due to the visual nature of the talk, it is not included in this audio program.
Pingback: My Word with Douglas E. Welch » Sitting around talking — and making the world a better place, I hope — End of the Day for February 18, 2014