- A collection of New Media items I found interesting this week.
- Glogster – Poster Yourself | Text, Images, Music and Video – February 27, 2011 – Cool, interactive personal page designer that allows embedding of images, sounds, video, photos and text. Looks like a great place for kids to dive into some personalize pages to share with friends.
- How to Brand Your Blog’s YouTube Channel – February 27, 2011
- First look: “no editing” iPhone video editor in HighlightCam – February 26, 2011 – Hmmm, can it really do everything it says it can? Since it is free I will be checking it out and will let you know. Anything that makes assembling videos easier is a good thing for me.
- Netflix Has Woken Up To The Threat Of Metered Billing – Starts Taking On ISPs In The U.S. And Canada – February 23, 2011 – The same issues laid out here also directly effect individual podcasters like myself. If people’s bandwidth is metered they will simply turn off the automatic download of podcasts and other data because they won’t be able to tell how much it might end up costing them.
I have often said that the only think that could kill podcasting are bad decisions, either from the government or the ISPs. Anyone who is hoping to develop a sizable New Media audience needs to pay close attention to metered billing.
- Make Your Facebook Fan Page a Party – February 22, 2011 – Some good tips to spice up your Facebook pages and get more people interacting there.