I was reading the Podcasters mailing list this week and saw mention the the Blue Snowball mic I mentioned earlier is being discontinued. This new USB microphone, the Yeti, is taking its place in the product line and has some good reviews. One major enhancement is the inclusion of an headphone jack to allow real-time monitoring when you are recording. This is a limitation of USB mics in that trying to monitor them through the computer induces a delay in the audio and makes it nearly impossible to listen to yourself while you record.
Certainly worth checking it out and I plan on doing that as soon as I can.
All Gift Guide Recommendations:
- # 9 Rode VideoMic Directional Video Condenser Microphone
- # 8 Apple Final Cut Express Video Editing Software
- # 7 GoPro HD HERO Camera – Wearable 1080p HD Video and Still Photo Camera
- # 6 Samson C01U Condenser Microphone
- # 5 Podcasting for Dummies
- # 4 Blue Microphones Snowball USB Microphone
- # 3 Joby GP1 Gorillapod Flexible Tripod
- # 2 Flip UltraHD Video Camera
- # 1 Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder