As you may have noticed in the right-hand sidebar, I am going to be speaking at PodCampAZ, this November 1&2. You can find information on my sessions in the program guide.
Evo Terra and I will also be hosting the first meeting of New Media Interchange Phoenix.
What is PodCampAZ? Funny your should ask! The PodCampAZ site has this to say:
“PodCamp is a FREE BarCamp-style community UnConference for podcasters and listeners, bloggers and readers, and anyone interested in New Media. It was held for the first time from September 8-10 in Boston, Massachusetts and is now spreading across the world.
These 7 rules define what events can be called a PodCamp:
- All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
- All attendees must be treated equally. Everyone is a rockstar.
- All attendees must be allowed to participate. (subject to limitations of physical space, of course)
- All sessions and events must be free of charge to attend.
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet – if you’re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should walk out and do something else. It’s not like you have to get your money’s worth!
- The event must be new-media focused – blogging, podcasting, video on the net.
- The financials of a PodCamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.”
So, if you are in the area, join me (and a bunch of other folks) for PodCampAZ 2008. I look forward to seeing you there!