A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
Transition is a force for good in our lives, not evil and I think so many of us see it the opposite way. We see change as scary and frightening and bad and we seek to avoid it at all costs. Please don’t do that. It is these changes that arise that — like the Troy-Bilt opportunity I mentioned before — bring amazing opportunities into your life and much like the Compass, if you start to draw — how many people remember Venn Diagrams from their math class, right?– Union, Intersection, and all that stuff – if you start drawing the interests in your life and where they connect — soi say this is gardening. This is technology. This is writing. It’s where these interests bang up against each other that all the great stuff happens.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com
* A portion of each sale from Amazon.com directly supports our blogs
** Many of these books may be available from your local library. Check it out!