Make Decisions When Best For You from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Video] (0:52)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
It can be difficult because oftentimes people are asking you to react. “Give me and answer now!” Well, I’m not prepared to give you an answer now. Sometimes you just need to go — when that would happen when I was working in a larger company and that would happen you’d be stressed with someone who is trying to pressure you into a decision on something that you weren’t quite clear on — I would literally disappear. I would go for a walk. I would step out and have a coffee. I would remove myself from the stressor so I would have that time to think and people might not always appreciate that, but I guarantee you the decisions you make will always be better. We make our worst decisions when we are under stress. We make so many decisions at the exact point that we should not be making any decisions at all.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com