Thinking About Your Career Helps Everyone from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Video] (1:04)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
That’s a thing to think about is there major aspects of this job that simply do not fit you. You’re going to do this thinking for yourself. You’re also going to do it for the company looking to hire you. Sometimes companies will hire someone because they just need to hire somebody. Regardless, necessarily of how good of a fit that person is. You’re both going to be served very, very poorly by that situation. It will result in friction. It will result in conflict. It will result in just a generally bad experience for everyone involved. You, your coworkers, your management, the company, everybody. I always seek to avoid that and again, this is one way of doing it. It’s nothing fancy. It’s just a way — like this little trick — it’s just a way to get you to think differently or to get you to think at all. I know myself. I get tied up in stress and stuff and I just start acting. I start reacting to everything and there are times when you need to stop reacting and start thinking.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com