A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
Watch this entire presentation
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Now, what I like best about the compass is, not only is good to decide about your current work that you might be doing, every opportunity that comes down the road now — once you’ve done this once — can be used, can be evaluated against the compass. What are the major aspects of this job? X, Y, and Z. Where do X, Y and Z fit on the compass? Well, that’s going to tell you right away that jobs are a good fit for you. This isn’t about money. This isn’t about the company. It’s not about that. To me, the first thing you have to figure out is, “is this a fit for me? Can I do great work in this job?” Where does X, Y, and Z fit on the compass? Well, if they’re down here, that’s a red flag. That’s a red flag and you’re going to have to do some much more deep thinking about it.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com