The Career Compass Helps Career Thinking from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Video] (0:50)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
That’s why I say you have to do some “hard thinking” yourself and we don’t always get that sign from above or below that says, “You should be doing this!” We have to think about it ourselves and My favorite thing to do is to take my notepad, go out in the garden, beverage of your choice — I’ll make no judgments there at all — and think for a little while. Away from the noise, the family and work and life in general and just start associating and thinking about these things. That’s why — the form of the compass is just a way to help us think and bring up ideas and give us something to think about and give us a way to take kind of these free-floating thoughts and get them into something concrete that we can use.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com