The SouthWest: What You Never Want to Do from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Audio] (1:00)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
…and while these are important to you, this one the danger zone. That’s the one — can I draw a skull and crossbones here — maybe? This is the quadrant you need to watch out for, but very important to think about. These are things you don’t like doing that you NEVER want to do. My lovely wife is here recording my talk today and she told me back when she was student teaching — we met in college — she came home from here student teaching — her first student teaching experience in an elementary school and was like “Oh my god, I can’t work, no, no, oh, I just want to mother all these children. I can’t be an authority figure. I can’t be a disciplinarian. I feel so sorry for them. I can’t work with young kids.” and she didn’t. She knew no, no, no, working with — no — “I need to work with high schoolers” and that’s what she did. She ended up working with high school kids over here. She discovered that.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com