Against Your Own Best Interests from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Video] (0:32)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
We’ve all met the burnt-out teacher, the burnt out bureaucrat. They hate their job and they make your life miserable because of that. Don’t be one of those people. I will say, you don’t have to be. it may take some time, but you can move in this direction, but don’t actively go out and seek out things down here. It’s self-defeating. Again, another perversity of human nature. We often do things against our own best interests and that’s one of them. Doing things that you don’t want to do.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com