The Southeast: Your Dislikes from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Video] (1:04)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
Down here — this is time to get your grumbles out. These are all the things you’re doing today that you hate. I hate bureaucracy. I hate dealing with the government. I hate — whatever. I don’t like working with kids that much. That may be something for you. For me, I kind of get a kick out of it, but maybe you don’t like working with kids much or maybe you don’t like working with older adults that much or whatever your preferences might be. What are you doing today that you don’t really like? This is your chance to get them out and put them down here. The reason for that is that if you’re trying to set our course as I showed over here, where should you be heading in this equation. North, right? You want to go north. You want to not go south. What do I see people doing almost universally in their careers these days? Pbbbflt! They’re picking things down here and actively pursuing things down here that they don’t want to do. They don’t like doing.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com