Finding Your Career North from Transition is the New Normal 2016 [Audio] (1:00)
A clip from the presentation, “Transition is the New Normal” to OPEN (Outstanding Professionals Employment Network) Ventura County in Simi Valley, CA on March 4, 2016
Think about a standard compass, right? We’ll divide into 4. We’ll put North at the top, up here. South. Oh come on, Doug. I’m not writing with my non-dominant hand now. It should be better, right? There we go.
So I started with the compass and I said, “Ok. like a ship. Say you wanted to go somewhere and you wanted to go somewhere North, right.” If anyone has ever flown or been on or piloted a boat, you know that your course may be here, but you are never “on course” with a boat or an airplane, because you are always being pushed around, but the currents, waves, the winds, whatever. And so your path looks more like this. You’re always constantly correcting. So what I want you to do is I want you to find your true North. I want you to find the “North” that you’re headed towards. You may not be able to go directly there, but over time, you’ll adjust your course over time and keep heading in that way.
Links for items mentioned in this talk:
- Video: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Audio: Career Compass: Finding Your Career North from CareerCampSCV 2012
- Career Compass Kindle Book
- Video Archives: Career Prescriptions at Tuesdays with Transitioners
- Video: CareerCamp: New Unconference Methods for Helping People Build the Career They Deserve with Douglas E. Welch
- Buy Douglas’photography products available from http://DouglasEWelch.com/buy
- Use our Amazon Affiliate Code by starting your shopping at http://welchwrite.com/bookstore
- Consider a donation via PayPal to support more career posts, podcasts and videos!
Learn more about your career with these books from Amazon.com